Welcome to my homepage ! I am a graduate student at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick. I work in the Dept. of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, since 2017. I completed my undergraduate from the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India where I completed the four years BS undergraduate program, studying Chemistry as my major with Biology as my minor. I have worked in various institutions in India and abroad for various research projects in Chemistry. I was also a facilitator in Chemistry in Kendriya Vidyalaya, IISc, for high-school students.
My Research Interest
I am interested in the design of macromolecular assemblies at the nanoscale level. I want to utilise these materials in various applications like nanomedicine, protein folding, imaging and sensing. Most importantly, I also want to develop a deeper understanding in the design of these materials and develop methods to control their shape, size and morphology.
Currently, I am in my second year of graduate study in Prof. Jianyuan (Jason) Zhang's lab at the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology (CCB), Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick. To know more about the chemistry we do in our lab, click on this link: https://zhang-lab.com/
My Research Projects
1. Effect of Deep Eutectic Solvents (DESs) on the Biginelli Condensation Reaction, at Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education (HBCSE), under the NIUS (National Initiative for Undergraduate Science) Programme, from May 2014-May 2016. My mentors were Prof. Lakshmy Ravishankar, Prof. Savita Ladage and Dr. Gomathi Shridhar.
2. Synthesis of a pyrazzole-based ligand to be used as a catalyst in various Carbon-Carbon Bond Forming Reactions, at Indian Institute of Science. The project was a group project. My mentor for the project was Dr. Anuradha Mukherjee. My co-partner for the project was Arunavo Chakraborty, my junior.
3. Synthesis and Characterization of Metal-Organic Frameworks (MOFs) based on Palladium Diphosphine Pincer Ligands, at Brandeis University, Boston, MA, USA, through the Brandeis-India Science Scholars Programme (BISSP), from May 2016-July 2016. My principal investigator was Prof. Casey Wade and my mentor was Abebu Kassie, a graduate student in the Department of Chemistry.
4. Protein Refolding using Graphene Oxide, at Indian Institute of Science, with Prof. Mrinmoy De.
5. Using MoS2-Au nanoparticle system as an effective catalyst in the conversion of amines to imines. This was my final-year project at IISc. My mentor for the project was Prof. Mrinmoy De, Dept. of Organic Chemistry.